Senior Marketing Manager
August 11, 2022
Apollo Art is a first-of-its-kind digital ecosystem disrupting the way we see and buy art. We are a fast-growing, global startup democratizing the art space by bringing fine art from established artists to every type of business and consumer and giving anyone a chance to become a collector. Apollo is creating the “Spotify” of art, for the good that art can provide - for community, for mental health and for humanity.
Apollo is seeking a hard-working, experienced, creative Senior Marketing Manager who understands how the power of storytelling and communications can help the world embrace a new way of seeing and buying art. The right candidate would be a self-starter, driven and passionate about partnering with a start-up. We’re looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced, rigorous culture, who is immediately comfortable with ambiguity, and highly adaptive, able to manage competing, changing priorities and able to tap into on-going resourcefulness and problem-solving skills.
The Senior Marketing Manager will partner with Apollo’s team across Business Development and Artist Relations, Revenue and Sales, Production, Consumer Engagement, Finance, as well as the company’s Communications Agency, and to manage, create, finesse, and finalize the marketing plans for the brand, partnerships, artists, and all Apollo associated content. This position would report directly to the Founder of the company.
This position requires exceptional leadership, communication, and writing skills, a keen ability to collaborate and make smart decisions under pressure, a strong knowledge of the digital and art space, an innovative spirit, and the ability to juggle creative execution with strategic oversight.
What You'll Do
- Become our internal day-to-day marketing lead - developing breakthrough communications and campaign materials that bring to life the unique selling proposition of Apollo, including but not limited to high-end business presentations, event activations, brand videos, content, targeted outreach and other marketing opportunities.
- Develop and execute marketing & sales materials - in close connection with subject matter experts throughout the organization.
- Support the Chief Revenue Officer with key sales and growth calls, providing updated content and ensuring excellence and a custom but cohesive telling of the Apollo story.
- Lead and manage the collaboration and creation of high-quality Google Slide deliverables that successfully showcase the Apollo story and best connect it with various enterprise clients, partners, and artists.
- Help with the global build-out of the company, working to understand local and regional market nuance and researching opportunities, events, contacts, coordinating across multiple locations, subsidiaries and time zones.
- Deftly manage complex projects, multiple stakeholders and competing priorities to deliver the actionable plan and get the most impactful work done.
What You Have
- Six to eight years of experience in a startup, fast-paced agency, or digital marketing company.
- Proven ability to communicate well within ambiguous spaces, take initiative and follow through to consistently excellent results.
- Exceptional storytelling and communication skills and a keen understanding of how to craft and evolve narratives.
- Experience managing multiple projects and priorities independently while communicating and collaborating effectively with a variety of stakeholders.
- Expertise in digital with a strong understanding of video, social and emerging formats. Informed perspective on the overall media landscape, trends, consumption habits, and challenges.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and extremely creative; creative problem solver.
- Expertise in Google Slides, strong understanding of Keynote/PPT and other Microsoft Office or presentation products.
- Strong aesthetic/design ability is a requirement.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to internal tracking systems and procedures.
Must be able to travel and work outside of traditional hours when necessary.
Chicago West Loop office and from home.
Benefits & Perks
Health, Dental & Vision
- 80% employee only covered by Apollo
- Paid Holidays
- Bonus Structure